What is professional voice talent? Voice talent or voice over is also known as voice acting, which is common in radio, animated cartoons etc. Voice talent are those that are the voices behind the famous animated films you have watched, which have earned them millions. To become a professional and reach that level of doing voice overs for a popular animated movie or a famous brand commercial, experience is vital.
What type of voice over talent is there? There are different types including:
- Voice over announcers – which are those you hear introducing segments of live television or radio shows. Examples include award shows, talent shows, talk shows or sporting events
- Voice over narrators – these are voice over talent that take part in documentaries, education videos, business videos and audiobooks.
- Voice actors – they are voice over actors you’ll hear in animated movies, cartoons and video games
- Voiceover artists – are those that can change between those discussed above and include job roles such as welcoming visitors to a website or the voice of a GPS.
Many professional voice talents can do a range of these roles which helps them expand on their portfolio and then become a professional in a certain role.
Further examples of voice talent roles include:
- Voice over films
- Toys and games
- Live events
- Tv programs
- Voice over acting in an animated film
And many more.
How much do professional voice talent actors make? This question is not as simple to answer as there are many factors that are taken into consideration including the type of project, the size of your project, the experience the voice talent has. Voice talents usually get paid per project or per job, which could be hourly. there a range of prices that professional voice talent actors can make from $300 for a 15 second recording to £5000 for an audiobook. The most common way that voice talent is paid is by the word count of the script which makes it easier to cut down so professional voice talent artists are paid what they deserve.
There are so many different professional voice talents out there, with many opportunities to participate in a range of projects, regardless of the size or type of voice over job. So, if you think you have a voice that could be in the next commercial or short film, then start looking into how you could become a professional voice talent!
You can get in touch with Bianca and her team by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Telephone: 02086679519